Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Snowflake Wreath Card

Welcome to the first of my Christmas cards in the Christmas Card series 2017

This first,  one I saw a card with a snowflake wreath in a Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine about a year ago. and thought it looked lovely, stored it away in my memory banks, and dragged it out of the depths for this years card series.  Their card was white a blue, I decided to do a silver and white one, as I think that colour scheme is very elegant, but really this card leads to any colour combination. For some reason I love snowflake cards.  They aren't exactly appropriate for Christmas here in New Zealand, as we have a summer Christmas, but I just love snowflakes, so I make them anyway!


I started out by doing my card base. I put some stick-it double-sided sticky paper on the whole front of the card base, and then went around and peeled just the bottom centremetre  or so and sprinkled some white glitter onto it and burnished it in with a piece of scrap backing paper.  This makes the glitter really stick into the stick-it paper.  I left the middle part of the backing paper on and put it aside to work on the front panel for the time being.

For this, I traced around a circle die, to give me some idea of where the wreath was going to be, so I could work out where to put my sentiment. (The front panel is about 5mm smaller all the way around than the card base).  I cut out the 'happy' with a die out of silver mirror card and backed it with craft foam so that it stood up a little.  I stamped the 'christmas' with versamark ink and then embossed it with silver embossing powder.  Once that was done I backed it with craft foam and double sided tape, I then stuck it down onto the card base after I peeled off the remaining backing paper, but I did go around the edges with some glue to make sure it stuck to the glitter around the edge if it.   



Now I could work on my snowflake wreath.  I had cut out lots of snowflakes using two snowflake dies I had, they can be any you have.  I cut them out of a variety of cards, silver mirror, plain white card, silver glitter card, holographic silver card and white glitter card.  

I then proceded to stick the snowflakes down around the drawn circle, alternating the two sizes and the different 'colours'. I only glued the very centre of each snowflake, as I wanted it to have a loose dimensional look.  I kept doing layers of them, until I was happy with how 'full' it looked. It ended up being about 5 layers.  

Lastly I made a organza double bow and stuck a pearl star embellishment into the centre, and that was the card finished.  

 

I have a video here on how I made the card.  If you wish to see the video in full HD then see my youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4d8uuWK4kwGnB6aEOUbZlg/videos?view_as=subscriber


The materials I have used are:
Card base 14 x 14cm
Card panel of 13 x 13cm
Stick-it double sided paper
Iridescent white glitter
Circle die
pencil 
Paper smooches Christmas sentiment dies
Scrap of silver mirror card
craft foam
Kaisercraft stamp Yuletide
Ranger silver embossing powder
Versamark ink
Heat gun
Silver mirror card, holographic silver card, silver and white glitter cards, plain white card.
Snowflake dies
Quilled precision applicator bottle
Cosmic shimmer dries clear glue
double-sided tape
EK success tweezers.

I hope you enjoyed the first of my 2017 Christmas cards

0 comments:

Post a Comment