Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 14 November 2017

Shabby Chic Poinsettia card

I thought I would throw in another Shabby Chic card into the mix for my Christmas card series this year.  I am using some Poinsettias I had made for making last years cards, so decided to do a white cream and gold theme.  


I started off with two scrapbook papers, one is a Kaisercraft paper from the Sea Breeze collection called 'Sea' and I used the side that had a lovely pale wood grain.  The second paper is a Teresa Collins paper called Noel, I used the music paper.  I cut them down to layer them, and distressed the edged and then stuck the woodgrain paper down first, backed the music paper with some craft foam and then stuck that down as well.  

Next came the poinsettias, that were made with an old die set from Marianne designs, I used three different sizes I think. There are lots of Poinsettia dies out there on the market, so just use what you have.  For the foliage I used the Impression Obsession Pine branch die and the holly branch also by Marianne Designs.  


I wanted to use one of the chipboard frames I had bought from 'Make it Crafty' in Australia some time ago, so I painted two coats of Gesso to make it white.  
I glued this down onto the music paper and then started arranging the poinsettia flowers and the foliage until I was happy with how they were looking. 
I made a string double bow and then a cream ribbon bow and tucked them under the poinsettias.  

I also had a brass looking metal snowflake embellishment, but decided to foil it with some gold foil, so I used some deco foil transfer gel and ran it through my minc machine once the transfer gel had dried.  I also had a paper clay frame I had made with a silicone mold, so I rubbed a little gold buff-it around the edge of that to tie it in. 



Lastly I made a sentiment banner and tucked one end under the paper clay frame, and curved it over the other side of the frame and stuck it down on the card with a glue dot.  

I stuck three bling star/flowers, one on the centre of the snowflake embellishment and two on the card to finish it off.

I always like to put my shabby chic cards into a handmade box, to protect the flowers and to allow for the dimension.  It just makes them look a little more special.  




So I decorated this box again with some left over foliage and some smaller poinsettia flowers from last year, these ones were made with the Cheery Lynn Poinsettia strip die. 

Here is a video on making the card or you can view it on full HD on my You tube channel here.


The materials I have used to make this card are:
Handmade box and card to fit it.
Kaisercraft 12 c 12 paper from Sea Breeze collection
Teresa Collins 12 x 12 paper called Noel
Marianne designs poinsettia die
Marianne designs holly branch die  
Impression Obsession Pine branch die
Gold micro beeds
Snowflake stamp set for sentiment
Ayleens Tacky glue
Versafine onyx black ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Heat gun
Metal snowflake embellishment
Deco foil transfer gel
Champagne deco foil
Cream satin and organza ribbon
natural hemp string
Frame silicone mold
paper clay
Gold buff-it
Quilled precision applicator bottle
Cosmic shimmer dries clear glue
Cheery Lynn poinsettia strip die
Craftwise bling star flowers
Make it crafty chipboard oval frame
White gesso
Mushroom sponge
3L glue dots
double-sided tape
craft foam 
Tim Holtz distress tool


I hope you enjoyed the card, something a little different for a Christmas card but a style I particularly like, lots of components but really easy to put together for stunning results. 


1 comments:

Julia Sandvoss said...

This is just lovely lovely lovely! Thank you for those perfect touches of our Deco Foil to add to the loveliness!

Post a Comment