Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Warm Christmas Wishes

This card is for all the people who live in countries where you have a warm Christmas instead of a winter Christmas.We usually have between 25C - 30C, but today was already 28C, so it may be even warmer than that this year.  

This card is using the Warm Christmas Wishes stamp set by Simon says stamp, and has a very cute santa in board shorts and sunglasses!


I stamped the stamps I wanted to use with momento tuxedo black ink and coloured them with a selection of Copics if I had them, or the Reno art alcohol markers I have.  See below for the full list of colours for each image. I then fussy cut them out right to the stamped edge, went around the edge with a black pen.  

To make the background I made a cloud stencil with a post-it and then inked the clouds onto a piece of card with tumbled glass distress ink and a mini blending tool.  I also cut out two curvy shapes that could be sand at the bottom of my scene and inked them with antique linen and a touch of mustard seed.


To do the frame I cut a stitched rectangle into the centre of a card panel the same size as the card base, and then used the inside edge of the same die to cut a rectangle out of the red card, so that it was an even amount on the inside of the frame.  



Then it was a matter of mounting the background to the card base, then the sand on top of that, then the frame over that.  Finally I mounted the scene how I wanted it and think it turned out very cute!

Here is a video to show how it was made


The materials I used are
SSS Warm Wishes stamp set
Momento tuxedo black ink
White card base and front panel 5 x 7"
Card for background, stamping and sand
Distress inks tumbled glass, antique linen & mustard seed
Ranger mini blending tool and sponges
Acrylic block
SSS stitched rectangle dies
craft knife
Emboss black pen
Foam tape
Cosmic simmer glue
Quilled pecision glue bottle
Wink of stella pen
Glossy accents
Cutter bee scissors
Copic and Reno art alcohol makers
Surf board: Copics R22, R35, R49, B00 & B02
Reno art 237, 270, 271 & 273
Beach ball: Copics R22, R35, R49, YG17,
Reno art 158, 224, 225, 24, 240, 242, 192 & 193
Santa: Copics R22, R35, B00, B02, YG17,  E00, E02, E11 & RV 02
RA 259, 260, 225, 192
Drinks Table: Copics E11, E35, YG17, R22, R35, B00, B02
RA 24, 27, 192 & 193
Palm tree: Copics E11, E35, YG17 & R49
RA 24, 248, 192, 225, 242 & 158

I hope you enjoyed this card and video, and I managed to inspire you for something for your Christmas cards this year.  
Happy card making 

 

1 comments:

Darlene said...

Santa is so cute. He makes me smile. Such a fun card.

Post a Comment