Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Black with gold florals card

Hello, I hope you are going to like the card I have posted today, it is a different way you can use any of your floral stamps to get a simple but elegant effect.


The main card I used the Altenew Peony bouquet stamp set and just used the outline stamps from the set.  
I used Zing gold glitter embossing powder, and stamped them with versamark ink around the circumference of the card, stamping off the page, until the complete border around the card was filled and left an area blank inside to put my sentiment.



This sentiment is from Indigo Blue and was a freebe in a card magazine 'Simply cards'  I purchased some time ago, and haven't used very much. It says 'Live every moment, Laugh every day, love beyond words' a great sentiment to live your life by I think!

I made the matts for the flower panel and sentiment piece by going around pieces of black card slightly bigger than both, with the versamark ink, and then the glitter embossing powder and heat setting it.  This way it matches perfectly with the flowers and sentiment stamped.



This one is another version of the above card, but this time I used the Altenew Peony Scroll stamp set and mounted it on a white card base instead of the black card base.  
Really you can use any floral stamps to do this card, and really it wouldn't matter if some of the areas were filled in more.  



The supplies I have used are
Card bases black and white 5 x 7 inches
Flower panels are 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches
Sentiment panels are 2 x 2 5/8 inches
Zing Gold glitter embossing powder (any gold glitter embossing powders would do)
Versamark watermark ink pad
Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set
Altenew Peony scroll stamp set
Indigo Blue stamp set for sentiment
EK success embossing powder tool
Heat tool
Scissors

0 comments:

Post a Comment