Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday 23 May 2016

Belgian Background feminine card

This card I have made for Fat Cats Card Corner, who kindly provided the Belgian Background die set, the Cheery Lynn Gardenia strip die and the Impression Obsession mini spiral flower die set, and decided to make a pretty, feminine card with them.  


I have only used the outside die and the rectangle inner die in the Sue Wilson Creative Expressions Belgian Background die set for this card.  I cut a matt piece a little bigger than the frame and embossed it with the delicate hearts embossing folder.  I cut a smaller piece of white card, than the rectangle die piece I had cut out of pink card, to use for my sentiment which is an old wood stamp I had in my stash.

I chose to put a tiny pearl strip around the circumference of the sentiment rectangle, as I thought this would make for a prettier card.  

The flowers were done with the Cheery Lynn small gardenia strip die, just two of the complete flowers in pink, and then a spiral flower made with the Impression Obsession's mini spiral flower dies in white.  I also made some tiny buds with the two smallest flower pieces from the strip die one in pink and one in white.

The foliage is done with the Sue Wilson Creative Expressions delicate fronds dies, which I cut down into smaller pieces.    



I show you how to make the flowers here


A full list of supplies I have used are
 Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Belgian Background die set
Delicate Hearts embossing folder (Ecstasy crafts)
White and pink card
Best Wishes for a wonderful Birthday wooden sentiment stamp
Pearl strip
Versamark watermark ink
Ranger silver embossing powder
Embossing Heat tool
Tape runner
Cosmic shimmer glue
Cheery Lynn small gardenia strip die
Impression Obsession mini spiral flower dies
Pink paper (80gsm)
White paper/card (160 gsm)
Green card (160 gsm)
Silver embroidery thread
Jewelry wire
Wire cutters
Scissors
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson delicate fronds dies
Aleene's tacky glue
Tweezers

I hope this card has inspired you to have a go at making some flowers
Happy papercrafting

2 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous card Helen, I'm heading over to watch your video!

newbie85 said...

Gorgeous card and flowers, Helen!!! You make things look so easy! Is there a way to follow your blog by e-mail?? I would love to keep up with you and see what you are doing!!!!

Post a Comment