Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday 15 May 2015

Shaker card obsession

I am a bit obsessed with Shaker cards at the moment, I did a couple of Christmas bauble cards last year, and they were a big hit, so I thought I would have a go at some for Mother's Day recently, and a couple for my niece and nephews birthdays coming up.  

There are tons of really great you tube tutorials available and Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner are two of my most favourite You tuber's so check them out, as they have some great tips.  


This first one I got from a card I saw on pinterest that was pinned from http://bellalistona.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/pretty-pink-posh-sequin-shaker-blog-hop.html which I saw, and liked how she had done the butterfly trail, and the simplicity of it.  So I made this card using two Memory Box dies I had.  The butterfly trail is made with a glitter gel pen, the sequins are from a craft store called 'Spotlight' and the sentiment is done on the computer and cut out with a die.  A few flatback pearls in a couple of sizes to finish it off.


This card is inspired by a card I saw, also in pinterest, done by Barbara Anders from My Favourite Things.  She had used some other balloon dies, but the ones I have used are Paper Smooches large balloon dies.  The Shaker section was done with spellbinder nestabilites circle dies.  The 'happy' is also a paper smooches die from the Christmas Word 2 die set.  The birthday is from a clear stamp set by Kaisercraft called 'Save the Date'.  Some sequins and stars in the shaker part, which has been mounted on some fun foam.  String to make the balloon strings and a card suitable for children. 


This last one is a card I have made from quite a few cards I saw on Google images, but a lot of them have the shaker part of the rattle made into a shaker by using a dome type thing.  I didn't have access to one of those, so I ended up making the circle shaker part like the balloon one above, into the white embossed card and then using a cutting file that I got from the silhouette store to make the rattle which I made the size to go over the circle die cut.  The embossing folder is the sue Wilson pinpoint floral brocade, and then the scalloped borders top and bottom are done with the spellbinder A2 scalloped border die set.  

There are countless ways to do shaker cards, I have lots more ideas, especially Christmas ones, which I plan to have a go at later in the year.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment