Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Christmas ornament cards

I have been making some Christmas cards with a set of Christmas Ornaments called "3 Lacy ornaments" by the Paper Artist company

Each one I tried to use them in a different way.  
The first is a very simple card.  I made a base card and put a piece of Christmas Holly paper on to the base.  Next I cut a piece of white card narrower than the width of the base card.  Overhanging the edge of this, and towards the bottom I cut out one of the ornaments so that I was left with a aperture, the shape of the ornament.  I then raised this on Foam tape so that it was raised up above the Holly paper.  I also added a thin gold strip down the left hand side just to lift the plainness a little.  I then cut out another ornament with gold mirror board and inset it into the aperture.  Finally some red ribbon and a bow.

The next one I used the two other ornaments in the set, I cut out one of each from a scrap piece of card, and a sprig of holly with the Marianne creatables Holly die LR0244 and lightly sponged the background with Tim Holtz distressed ink "mowed lawn".  

I then cut two of each ornament, one in silver glitter card, and one in red mirror card.  I popped out all the little pieces into a box lid.  I stuck some silver thread to the back of each ornament and then glued the ornament onto the background.  I threaded the silver thread over the top of the background piece of card and stuck that down at the back.  I then went through and glued in all the little pieces from one ornament into the alternative colour, so that they each had a contrast.  This mean that I had two sets of ornaments, so I was able to make two of these cards.  

Finally some silver thread bows at the top and a sentiment which was stamped with versamark ink and then embossed with a red glitter embossing powder, and then cut out with a frame die.  The background was glued onto a matt of red mirror board and then onto a white card base.   




This final one was done with the two larger ornament dies, which I cut out of white card, then inked them with versamark ink and then embossed them with a pearlized cream embossing powder.  I also did the same with the sentiment which is the Cheery Lynn Merry Christmas sentiment, but it came with a snowflake on the M and the C, but I didn't want it, so I trimmed that off.

The green designer paper was stuck on some gold mirror card and then stuck to a white card base. The music is a photocopy of printable that I got from pinterest, which I then tore around the edge and distressed it with some brown ink.  The holly sprig is from the same ornament set and I popped on some glitter balls for the berries.  

All three cards are quite different, but with one set of dies.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment