Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday 1 March 2014

80 Birthday Card

I have made a card for Fat Cats Card Corner this one using the Marianne Creatables Anja Border LR0300, which I think is really beautiful!


I cut out two of the main border, and stuck them together as mirror images of each other.  Mounted them on to a pale pink paper.  The centre is the tag from the Spellbinders radiant rectangles set.  The roses are made with a 5 petal die by Marianne Creatables called 'flower set die' from some time ago.  The white ones, I left out the centres and put in pink stamens.  The buds are made with just one of the petals that I have slit nearer to the centre, the cupped, glued onto some florist wire, and then glued a calyx to the bottom of the bud.  The tiny flowers are spiral roses using the Impression Obsession spiral flower die set.  The leaves are done with either the spellbinder rose leaf from their leaves set, and the Marianne Creatables  leafy swirl die. Finished off with a few pearls, and the 80 cut out with glitter card.



I finished it off by making a box on my  Silhouette Cameo with a window with acetate, so you can see the card inside.  
 

2 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

This is soooo gorgeous Helen, you have really outdone yourself here. I´ve also got this die, and just made 2 different cards with it as well, which I will show on my blog, when they´re all finished up Not much I´ve got done lately thoug, but you sure just gave me another idea here too, so thanks sooo much for that.

Peggy in Mentone said...

Helen, your work is quite amazing! What a wonderful box you made to showcase one of the prettiest and well crafted cards I have seen in a long time!

Post a Comment