Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Paper flower display


Our local library has a 'Winter Craft' theme for its displays this month, and I did a display of paper flowers and cards in their display cabinet.  I wanted to just concentrate on cards, boxes and calendars that I had made with 3D flowers. There isn't anyone in my area who does this sort of flower making.  To fill in the gaps between the display peices, I  put some doilies, die cuts, and some of the materials you use in making this sort of card. I also put in a few of my boxes of pre-made flowers that I have in stock.  




I decided when I was getting everything gathered together to take to the library, I felt that there wasn't enough of other things I had made with the flowers, it was mainly cards or boxes, so I decided I would have a go at doing a small posy of the flowers in a teacup.  Teacups seem to be really 'in' at the moment, and I have always had an intention of doing a paper cup and saucer sometime.  Well I didn't have time to do that for this display, so I found a lovely tea cup and saucer set that I had from my Grandmother, so put it in that.


I think it is quite cute! In time I will have a go at making a paper cup and saucer, so that the entire thing is made of paper, but for now I am happy with this.

1 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh my goodness Helen, I´ve just been through the last many postings here and all your work is absolutely stunning. I´m in total awe about all the beautiful creations you hvae shown here. All is sooo gorgeous and soooo beautiful made. Boy I would love to see you work sometimes, that´s for sure. WAUW WAUW WAUW I absolutely LOVE everything you´ve made here.

Post a Comment