Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Wedgewood Card

Here it is the 2nd January, Happy New Year to all my followers. I haven't had much time to make cards in the last couple of weeks, but today I sat down and at least had time to put this card that I made just before Christmas on my blog, and also make some flowers to go on my next card. I am going to do a tutorial, so I am getting all the steps organised to photograph and when I have finished the card I will put it and the tutorial on my blog

So this is the card I have made.  I have done it in a pretty blue card with the white frame so that it looked a little like wedgewood china.


The front is done with two of the die cuts from the Square lacey frame by Joy Crafts 6002/0147 and I went around the die and cut our the middle part just leaving the scroll work around the outside of both.  I then put one on the front and drew a line around the frame, and then took the frame off and cut just inside the line freehand, so that it formed an aperture  in the front of the card.  I stuck one of the dies down, being careful to not let the blue of the card show anywhere.  I then turned the card over and stuck the second one in the inside of the front of the card, so that it hid the rough edge that you cut to make the aperture.

The flower is from the  Marianne Creatables Floral circle doily die set, which I have filled the centre with pearl stamens.  The leaves are done also with Marianne creatables die, this one is with Anja Leaves 1 LR0266.  The little flowers are done with a 5 petal flower punch, that I have cupped in the centre with an embossing tool, and then put a pearl in the centre.  A couple more pearl stamens top and bottom to finish off the arrangement.


I then cut out another frame which I stuck onto the inside back part of the card, so it could be seen through the aperture.  I made sure it lined up with the front one, so that you could only see the lattice and centre part.  Finally I finished it off with the Happy Birthday sentiment which was done with the Cheery Lynn "Happy' and 'Birthday' die sets in the same colour as the card.  


3 comments:

Hussena said...

Wao!...This is such a gorgeous card Helen! :)

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh my goodness this is so gorgeous Helen. I absolutely LOVE this one here. It´s just wonderful and this blue color is soooooo beautiful. All in all it´s just perfect and sooooo gorgeous work.

Marian Dean said...

Wonderfully inspiring blog Helen.

Post a Comment