Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Two windows

 Two cards I have made for Fat Cats Card Corner to use the D-lites Window one die by Spellbinders.

Both are quite simple cards but I have used the window slightly differently in each.


This one I have made the window stand out from the card. The wood panelling at the bottom has been done with the Martha Stewart score board.  The curtain has been punched with the Martha Stewart Doily lace border punch and then put through a crimper to make the little folds to resemble a blind.  I have used some tiny patterned paper to resemble wallpaper behind that, and then all of it is mounted out with foam tape.  The vine and flowers are from my gilded cage die by Crafty Individuals.  I cut several out of the green and cut off the cage and the flowers, and glued them around the window.  Then I cut some more out with the burgundy card and because the flower has two parts, I popped a piece of tape behind the flower so that the two parts didn't come apart and moulded them slightly and stuck them on with a glitter pearl in the centre.  The same for the sentiment that was done on the computer.  



The second card was done with the same die, but this time I cut out the window area of the die in the front of the card, so that it formed an aperture that you could see through into the inside of the card.


I made the background on the front of the card with the Tim Holtz sizzix brick embossing folder and lightly inked it with a white stamp pad.  The curtains are made with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace border die again, but this time resemble curtains.  Between the die and the curtains I put a small piece of acetate to resemble the window pane.  Again I have used the same Gilded Cage die by Crafty individuals but cut a lot more of the leaf part out in the green and glued them onto the base of the window to look like a window box.
The flowers are done with a small daisy punch that were shaped slightly and then a small pearl glued into the centre.  


The inside of the card I have printed a dolls house paper with a small area at the bottom for writing whatever sentiment you wanted to use the card for, but made sure it couldn't be seen through the window.  



2 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW these are soooooo gorgeous Helen. I totally love, how you made these look here, and you also used such wonderful colors on them too. Stunning creations. These window dies and also the fence and the gate are all very high on my wishlist too. I think, they´re really awesome dies, that can be used for so much, and you sure convince me here, that I´m right about that. WAUW wonderful creations, really awesome.

FL Crafter said...

This is a gorgeous card. Thanks so much for sharing. It inspired me to create one like it for my mom's birthday. I included a link back to you on my post on splitcoaststampers. Here it is: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2411406?&limit=last1

Post a Comment