Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Yellow and Black

I created this card to enter the Fat Cat Card Corners 'Nellie Snellen Multiframe Competition'. I had done one entry previously with the 'Step card' that is further back on this blog, but decided to do another entry, and looking back on my blog, a lot of the cards I have done lately are pink or mauve, so decided to do a completely different colour this time.


I was trying to come up with a different way of using the mutilframe die, than all the other cards entered, and I decided to try making a flower with the inside die.  I used 7 of them alternating the colours between white and yellow.  I moulded them with an embossing tool, until they became cupped, more so as I worked into the middle.  The centre is a quilled fringed strip rolled up and then with some 'stickles' on the ends.  The other flowers are done with the ek success daisy medium punch moulded and cupped and a punch bunch small sun punch.  The black flourishes were made with one of the cuttlebug vintage corners and the leaves are a mixture of the Ash family leaf punch and a punch bunch medium dusty miller leaf punch.

The salutation I did on the computer and put the larger of the multiframes around it.  The embossed white background is the cuttlebug 'tiny bubbles' embossing folder.


2 comments:

Margaret said...

What a lovely card Helen and clever you making the flower out of the centre die.
Hugs
Margaret

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a gorgeous creation Helen. You are very creative.I just love the flower
Sonia http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Post a Comment